Today I will be going off topic. I want to talk to you about hurricane Sandy. This hurricane has caused so much destruction, and the people of the East Coast are suffering. There is a charity, the Children’s Hunger Fund, and if you could donate even just a couple of dollars, I’m sure it would make a difference. If you don’t want to contribute to the CHF, there is a list of other charities here. Thank you so much, anything you contribute would make a difference. I will be back on my regular topic by the next post.
Check out this awesome blog! She travels, and posts photos of all different types of food!
This blogger went to Cambodia! Look at the cool pictures she took and the yummy food.
First you will need
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
5 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- Use the first set of ingredients to make the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in the boiling water by hand. Pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use the second set of ingredients. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in the cocoa and confectioners’ sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla. Beat to a spreading consistency.
- Split the layers of cooled cake horizontally, cover the top of each layer with frosting, then stack them onto a serving plate. Frost the outside of the cake.
When you take the cake out of the pan make sure you do the toothpick test. (sticking a toothpick in the middle and making sure it comes out clean) Let it cool for at least ten minuets before taking it out of the pan and follow the recipe!
When making the frosting, its very important you alternate the cocoa and confectioners’ sugar with milk and vanilla! Don’t just dump it all in, follow the recipe!
Instead of using boiling water, you can use hot coffee! This is an old tradition in some families and it is very yummy.
If your batter has very thin consistency, or is very soupy, don’t worry! It will bake just fine and just be very moist, but that is a good thing.
When pouring it in the pan, a little goes a long way. Even though the consistency is thin, it rises a lot when it’s cooking, and if you add too much it will over-flow.
This is a very good, very sweet cake. If you have a major sweet tooth, this is the right recipe for you. Make this cake for any event, and it will be gone in the blink of an eye.
I’m in high school. And I eat lunch. Here’s what changes will get me to buy my lunch from YOU.
- The school cafeteria is expensive. I think they should lower the prices, or if they are going to keep the same price then they should make the food quality higher.
- Get better options, the only thing i would get there is a salad or a piece of pizza. They have lots of options but they are kind of gross.
- Its always insanely crowded where you buy your food, and its just mayhem. The space should be expanded or moved to some place bigger.
This is important because the school could make more money, and waste less food becayse the food no one eats gets thrown away. My opinion is sound because I have eaten at the cafeteria and from experience i know it isnt the best that it can be. I would bring food from home but I don’t have much time in the morning. If I were to have a lunch from home I would have to pack it myself, and I’m already scrambling to have breakfast. Everyone goes to the cafeteria just for that reason, so if you are going to have a cafeteria make it nice.
Pies are a great fall dessert! Apple pie is my favorite. Pie is a great thing to bring to any dinner party, or to thanksgiving. They are great warm or cold, and with or with out ice cream. For this delicious pie recipe click here.
These are some fun fall snacks! These would be great for a movie night with the kids! These are a fun festive dessert that the whole family can enjoy making and eating, all while spending time together. For the recipe click here.
Dont worry parents, i havent forgotten about you! If you you have more mature taste buds, but still want a sugar rush, I have a dessert for you! Maple Syrup Frosting cookies are super good! They are fall themed and would be great with a big cup of coffee or milk! For the recipe click here.
Today i will be telling you about an amazing app for cooking. Allrecipes.com has come out with an app that is getting great reviews. Its called Allrecipes Dinner Spinner. You can find any recipe by serching by ingrediants, or you can just get a random recipe by shaking the phone! You can also scan ingrediants on to your iphone to find a recipe that uses it or to remeber that ingredient. You can also scan ingredients and add them to your shopping list. There is also a great adition to the app where you have a shopping list on yuiore iphone that you take to the store. Its features include being able to write if youre low on something, and having multiple shopping lists. On the app there are options to have only vegitarian or vegan recipes come up. You can also share ideas by facebook, twitter and email. You can get this app completely free, and its a great deal.
This is a good app for recipes, click here.
Allrecipes Dinner Spinner is the worlds most downloaded recipe app. For the article, click here.
- A review of the app:
- Got to love the Shopping List
The recently added “Shopping List” feature is such a time saver. Simplifies shopping for ingredients at the store or you can use it to confirm if you have the items needed at home. Very well put together shopping list, including the features within the shopping list.
Spinner is nice but I haven’t had the chance to utilize the whole app. This app is defiently a keeper. I just love All Recipes. Keep up the good work.
- In conclusion, i think this app is a great free tool to use in the kitchen and you should definitely download it today!